Road Closure Information (Lutterworth Services)
862 12th February PM (only)
On the afternoon of Monday 12th February 2024 there are road closures preventing the 862 bus from accessing Bruntingthorpe.
Passengers should get on the bus at the schools as normal and have made prior arrangements to be met by parents at another stop on the timetable.
X6 12th/13th and 14th February
On Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th February 2024 road closures will prevent the X6 service from accessing Peatling Parva.
Passengers should make prior arrangements to use pick ups and drop offs at another suitable village on the timetable.
Advice for all Parents
- Remember that your child remains under your care until they are accepted for travel on the school bus with a valid pass and immediately after they get off the school bus at the end of the school day.
- If you are concerned about your child’s sense of road safety, you should accompany them to the stop and wait with them until the bus arrives. Similarly, you should ensure that your child is met at the stop when the bus returns from school.
- If your child is unaccompanied, make sure that they know and follow the safest route, uses the safest crossing places and know how to behave responsibly whilst waiting for their bus.
- Please make sure that you have discussed with your child what to do if the bus does not arrive or if they fail to catch the bus for any reason.
- In poor weather conditions, you are advised to take your child to a bus pick up point on a main (treated) road as some points with poor access may not be served. Local radio stations are a good source of information to find out if your child’s school is open and/or the roads to it are passable.
- In any case, you should have a Plan B should the bus not turn up due to adverse weather conditions, traffic incidents or mechanical failure. We will always do our best to continue with the services or supply a replacement bus should it be required and keep you informed via SMS or our news page http://beaver-bus.co.uk/news-page
We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however these circumstance are beyond our control.