Safe Travel on School Transport – COVID-19
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY WHEN USING THE SERVICES:
- Wash hands and secure face covering before travel
- Use hand sanitizer provided on entrance to the bus
- Do not stand or queue in the isle or next to the bus driver
- Face coverings MUST be worn at all times. No pass No travel, No face covering no travel.
- Take a seat where there is one available, do not stand over others.
At this time, we will not be able to offer any One More Day Passes as it encourages contact between passenger and driver – so please ensure you have your pass ready before you leave your house.
We will be enforcing our No Pass No Travel policy at this time. This will also allow us to trace passengers and contact them in the event of a COVID-19 case on the services in line with the government track and trace service.
The windows on the bus must be left open to allow air circulation. The buses will be disinfected between schools by our maintenance staff.
As part of our driver’s duties, buses are cleaned before and after the school day. This will be enhanced significantly and extra cleaning staff will be on duty to ensure the highest of hygiene standards. Any facecoverings or masks left on the bus will be considered a contaminate and disposed of, even if they are reusable. Masks should not be removed during the journey, there is no need for them to be left on the bus.
Face covering exemptions.
The requirement to wear a face covering does not apply to:
- a child under the age of 11
- an employee of the transport hub or the relevant public transport operator, when they are acting in the course of their employment
- any other person providing services to the transport hub or public transport operator, under arrangements made with the transport hub or transport operator, who is providing those services
- a constable or police community support officer acting in the course of their duty
- an emergency responder such as a paramedic or fire officer acting in the course of their duty
- an official, for example a border force officer, acting in the course of their duties
You also do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes:
- if you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
If the exemption applies to you, you must carry a card/certificate or evidence of this.
You can print your own face covering exemption form or pay for a hidden disabilities card on the links below. The links will take you to other websites and are not an affiliation of Beaver Bus Ltd.
Our staff are trained to recognise the hidden disabilities sunflower.
- Please note this may change in the event if further Government guidance being released or mandatory travel requirements being provided by the Local Authority.